Chicken biryani – The non vegetarian recipe famous traditional food and very tasty for all occasion like birthday parties, anniversary, traveling. Having your lunch or dinner with briyani makes you happy and tasty usually we eat more if is is non vegetarian food. We always prefer famous hotel or restaurant to have a briyani. Now you can prepare tasty biryani at your home follow our steps to make easy and quick chicken briyani recipe. Chicken biryani is very spicy and healthy helps to gain weight to your body, chicken has good amount of proteins. Based on your taste and likes you can cook your briyani recipe either in chicken or mutton.
The combination of onion raita with chicken kabab, chicken fry or chicken 65 will be very nice taste and you can enjoy briyani. Briyani are different types and in chicken you can cook more varieties like chicken dum biryani, Hyderbad chicken biryani, Nati chicken biryani very quick and easy at home.
Ingredients to cook chicken biryani at home
- Chicken 1/2 kg
- Briyani rice
- Onion – 2
- Tomatoes -2
- Green Chili -2
- Coriander, Mint leaves
- Ginger garlic paste
- Spices – cassia bark & clove
- Chili powder – 2 tea spoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tea spoon
- Oil & Ghee
- Briyani masala
Step by step how to make chicken biryani recipe
- Take 1/2 kg chicken in bowl wash well and add 1 teaspoon of chili powder, half tea spoon of turmeric powder and small amount salt to taste and mix it well and keep chicken in refrigerator for 30 minutes. This gives your more tasty while eating chicken pieces in biryani.
- Add basmati rice (preferred basmati rice to cook good biryani or any biryani rice as per your wish) in bowl add water and soak well for 30 minutes.
- Switch on the stove keep pressure cooker add little oil and 1 tea spoon of ghee and heat. Ghee makes your biryani more tasty.
- We have to add the common cooking spices like cassia bark, clove for good taste.
- Keep ready chopped two onions, tomatoes and mint leaves, coriander leaves, green chilies add all one by one fry and mix well.
- Also add the ginger garlic paste and mix it well and fry it till onion & tomatoes becomes light golden brown. You can buy readily available ginger garlic paste or you can prepare paste grinding in mixture.
- Now take out the chicken from refrigerator add this to the cooker and mix chicken gently.
- Add 1 tea spoon of chili powder if you want biryani more spicy add 1 and half spoon chili powder ,and 1 tea spoon of biryani masala then mix well. You can buy ready mix briyani powders to make it more tasty.
- Ok then add 1 small cup of curd and 2 spoon of lemon juice and mix it well and cook it for 5 minutes, chicken should cook lightly.
- Take soaked rice and mix well now you can pour water, for one glass of rice you can add 1 and 1/2 glass water, if your are adding 1 and half glass of rice then add 2 glass of water.
- Mix the recipe well add salt as per the taste and close the lid of cooker and cook it for 2 whistles.
- After 2 Whistle turn off stove and wait for 10 minutes until pressure goes out, your nice quick and tasty chicken biryani recipe is ready.
How to prepare cucumber onion raita for chicken biryani
The combination curd with cucumber and onion gives you more tasty to your chicken briyani recipe. You can make onion raita quick and very easy to prepare for this we need
- Onions 2
- Cucumber 1
- Green Chili
- Coriander leave
Onion raita preparation steps
- Chop onions and cucumber in to small pieces.
- Take a bowl add fresh curd mix with some water.
- Add chopped onions, cucumber, and mix well.
- Add salt as per the taste, add chilies for making it spicy.
- Mix all well and your onion raita is ready to serve to your chicken biryani recipe.