The carrot halwa recipe is good and delicious sweet that we can prepare in our home quick and easy. Halwa is made with sugar, milk or milk powder, dry fruits and ghee. This recipe is also know as Gajar Halwa in Hindi, we will like this recipe it is very tasty we can prepare this sweet recipe any time in our home. You can make halwa in two different method, approximately cooking halwa take 45 minutes. If you want to complete your recipe quick and fast in 25 to 30 minutes with pressure cooker.
Sweets are first recipes that we prepare for all occasion, this halwa recipe will be more attractive for kids. Carrot is very rich in Vitamin A so we can serve this to kids more good and healthy. Usually we will prepare sweets for festivals like Gulab Jamun, Rava laddu recipe, laddus, so you can also consider carrot halwa also one of sweet favorite sweet in occasion.
Ingredients to make Carrot halwa
To prepare more tasty halwa recipe we need following ingredients. Based upon your quantity you can choose your ingredients this can be served for 3 to 4 peoples.
- Fresh Carrots 3 to 4
- Milk 1 cup
- Sugar 1 1/2 cups
- Dry fruits – Cashew nuts, dry grapes, almond
Method to prepare Gajar halwa
- Gently wash carrots in water and peal the skin of carrot, then grate carrot in to small using greter in your home.
- Switch on the stove, heat pan and add 2 tea spoons of ghee.
- Add dry fruits and medium roast for 2 to 3 minutes, and take out the dry fruits and keep it separately you can mix later in to recipe.
- Add grated carrot in to the pan fry the carrot and add some water you can 1/2 glass of water or little, don’t mix more water it will take more time to absorb water.
- Take sugar and add mix well and cook after few minutes it will become sticky in sugar water. Add 1 1/2 cup of sugar if you want halwa more sweet you can add some based on carrot quantity. You can also cook make separate sugar syrup water.
- After some time take milk in cup and add, cook it for 5 to 10 minutes, it should get thickness.
- Take all dry fruits roasted cashew nuts , almonds, add and mix well halwa.
- Spread 1/2 spoon of cardamon powder mix well, this will add extra taste to your carrot halwa.
- Close the pan with plate or cover allow it to cook in low flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- You carrot Halwa is ready serve it and enjoy the tasty halwa at home.
Method 2 : Quick tips for Carrot halwa recipe
- To make quick and faster gajrela recipe, take pressure cook and add grated carrot in to the cooker add some water and boil in pressure 1 to 2 whistle.
- Take pan pour 1/2 glass water and add some cardamom along with 1 1/2 cup sugar and cook in high flame until sugar gets sticky.
- After this above 2 steps is done, take a pan add some 2 to 3 spoon of ghee and roast dry fruits as 2 and 3 step as above repeat.
- Add boiled carrot in pan mix it, add sugar syrub mix well and heat in low flame.
- Then add roasted dry fruits and 1/2 cup milk mix well and close.
- Your nice quick and easy carrot halwa is ready.